Saturday, July 18, 2009

Sketch Challenge 108

This week's Saturday Sketch Challenge over at Stamping 411 definitely came at the right time as I was needing to make a birthday card for a friend's daughter and inspiration hadn't struck yet! And, because this sketch is ULTRA simple (as stated on their blog), I knew it would be the perfect sketch to whip out quickly. Once I saw the sketch, I got to work!

Here is the sketch...


And here is my take on it...


Paper: Whisper White, Pink Pirouette (retired), Real Red
Stamp Sets: Short & Sweet, Think Happy Thoughts (dotted circle), On Your Birthday (sentiment)
Ink: Real Red, Chocolate Chip (images colored in with watercolor pencils)
Accessories: dimensionals (to pop up cupcakes), red eyelets (non-SU!)
Tools: 1 1/4" circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, ticket punch

**********************************************

These next two are not officially part of the sketch, but looking through my card creations, I realized they pretty closely fit the bill.

you can find the supplies used with this card here


This next card, I created for my first ever Stampin' Up! card swap when I first joined at the end of March.


Paper:
Whisper White, Real Red
, Green Galore
Stamp Sets: Short & Sweet
Ink: Chocolate Chip (images colored in with watercolor pencils)
Accessories: dimensionals (to pop up cupcakes), Real Red 1/4" grosgrain ribbon
Tools: 1 1/4" circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, scallop circle punch, scallop edge punch


I didn't do a lot of card making this last week (the weather was too nice to stay indoors), but I have a lot of cards I've created in the last few weeks that I've been wanting to share. Hopefully I'll get some time to share those soon!

My new catalog kick-off will be happening this Tuesday and I'm so excited for my guests to make their free card (I love the color combo I chose!) and to look through the new catalog.

5 comments :

Connie Babbert said...

Very nice! You nailed the sketch this week! Great job.

Selene Kempton said...

These are awesome!!! Wonderful job and thanks so much for playing along!

Unknown said...

So cute! I just love that little cupcake stamp! Great job with the sketch!

Krista said...

You did a great job with these cards !

katou said...

Very cute cards,you did a great job.
My favorite is the first one for its soft colors.

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14