Wednesday, April 27, 2011

3 for $6 Card Making Night - April

Another month has flown by!! I felt like I just blogged about March's card making night! April has definitely been a busy month for me, but even though I had to reschedule my first card making night this month due to an overwhelming weekend/week for me and my family, it was a great turn out of 9 women who came to stamp with me this past Monday! I enjoyed listening to all the fun and laughter that was taking place while they made cards. This is why I host the card nights. For women who just want to sneak in a little fun into their busy schedules and feed the crafty itch! This month's 3 for $6 cards were all birthday cards. These seem to be the most popular, so I decided to stick with all birthday.


{a close up to show off the Dazzling Diamonds glitter}
Stamp Set: A Slice of Life (Hostess Level 1 from Occassions Mini)

Paper: Poppy Parade, So Saffron, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White, Pawsitively Prints II DSP

Ink: Early Espresso, markers - Poppy Parade, Tempting Turquoise, So Saffron

Accessories: Dimensionals, 1/2" Poppy Parade poly-stitched ribbon, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter (adhered using 2-way glue)

Tools: Scallop Edge Border punch, paper piercing tool

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

This card I CASEd (Copy And Share Everything) from the Stampin' Up! "demonstrator only" website called Stampin' Connection. It is a card by Andrea Munro. I used a different polka dotted paper and added some rhinestones, but most everything else is just the same! It means I really, really liked if I don't need to change much!

Stamp Set: Party Hearty (the banner is actually made up of party hats turned upside down!) Teeny Tiny Wishes (happy birthday)

Paper: Crumb Cake, Melon Mambo, Whisper White, Bold Brights Pattern Pack (Pumpkin Pie - polka dots)

Ink: Melon Mambo, markers - Regal Rose, Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie

Accessories: Dimensionals, Rhinestones Jewel Accents, Pumpkin Pie brads

Tools: Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (used with Big Shot), Modern Label punch, Word Window punch, Paper Snips (for cutting all those party hats!)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I guess I needed a little inspiration for Monday's card night because this is another card I found on Stampin' Connection by Karen Graff-Povis. Her original design is also found on her blog HERE. I used some different colors and DSP, but was pretty much in love with her design, so I kept it "as is". It's a great a layout for using so many different stamp sets and for keeping it simple.

Stamp Set: Party Hearty

Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Pacific Point, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White, Ice Cream Parlor DSP (from the most recent SAB)

Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Pacific Point

Accessories: Dimensionals, 5/8" Pumpkin Pie grosgrain ribbon

Tools: 1 3/8" Square punch, Corner punch, 3/4" Circle punch (to punch out birthday present)

4 comments :

Unknown said...

I had a great time on MOnday! Thanks for hosting and inviting me! The color combinations were different then some I have used and I love that! Thanks again!

Kelli said...

Those are all so great! I love the color combinations and that banner is just super cute. You'll have to show us your set up next time...do you punch out everything and then they just put things together or do the ladies do it all? Just curious.

vicki said...

Very cute cards! Can't wait to get my kits to make these myself.
Love,
Mom

Karen Graff-Povis said...

Thanks so much Heidi!! I appreciate your comment on my blog! Your card turned out great!! I am a huge fan of your cards! I spotted your style on Stampin' Connection, and have been a follower for some time now! It's nice to make a connection with you!! Have a great day!

Karen

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14