Monday, May 9, 2011

Stamp Club - May

Last Friday was our last stamp club for "this round'. I had such a great time with these ladies meeting once a month for the last eight months. It's always great to get together with a group of women who love doing the same thing you do!

The monthly financial commitment was $18.75 per month (8 in the group) and each woman was "hostess" for a month, earning at least Level 1 Hostess Benefits, which means FREE STAMPING GOODIES!! If you are interested in joining us, my next group will start up in October!

For our last get together, we made "punch templates" (come back tomorrow for Tuesday's Tip and you can learn more).

We also made one project together and because it was Mother's Day just two days after, I decided to make a card that would be perfect for a card for their mom! I have seen many "flower pot cards" around and when I found this tutorial by Stephanie Luman, I just had to make one!


The card slides right out of the top!
*each of the flowers is adhered using a Dimensional*
Stamp Set: Punched Posies (retired), Teeny Tiny Wishes (sentiment), Dot, Dot, Dot (dots for flower pot)

Paper: Soft Suede, Whisper White, Wild Wasabi

Ink: Melon Mambo, Pretty in Pink, Daffodil Delight

Accessories: Dimensionals, Basic Pearls, 1/4" Pretty in Pink grosgrain ribbon

Tools: Scallop Edge Border punch, 5-Petal Flower punch

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

{The Hostess Gift}

I gave the hostess (my sister) a cute little box with a pocket hand sanitizer inside.
I used the tutorial by Erica Cerwin (that girl has talent!).

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

We also decided to have a card swap for our last meeting!
What fun!!

Here is my card...one that I CASEd from Stampin' Connection.
Thanks goes to Janine Tinklenberg!

Stamp Set: Beary Best Friends, So Happy For You (2011 SAB set)

Paper: Almost Amethyst (retired), Regal Rose, Whisper White, Pawsitively Prints DSP (2009-2010 catalog)

Ink: Early Espresso, markers: Regal Rose, Soft Suede, So Saffron

Accessories: Dimensionals, 1/4" Certainly Celery taffeta ribbon, Regal Rose brads

Tools: paper piercing tool (for brads)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

{card by Vicki Johnson...my mom!}

{card by Ruth Boos...my mother-in-law!}
{card by Kimberly Wirfs...my sister!}
{card by Kim Caldwell}
{card by Sarah Sommerville}
{card by Terri Takashige}
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Want to see the rest of my Stamp Club projects?

November
December
January
February
March
April

3 comments :

Unknown said...

Loved the stamp club! Thanks for all your hard work. You did a great job each month.
Oh, BTW when I was in my stamp room I pulled out the punch cards and used them a couple times. Great idea.

Mrs. McDonough said...

I'm totally in awe over the flower pot card you made! Seriously, one of my all-time favorites!

And all the cards from the exchange? They are ADORABLE. Definitely hoping to be back in Newberg by October, and am crossing my fingers that I might get to join you this round....

vicki said...

I enjoyed being part of the club. All the cards turned out very cute. Can't wait to get them! Thanks for all your hard work to make this so fun for all of us!

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14