Tuesday, November 8, 2011

turkey treats and Thanksgiving tags!

Over the weekend (and yesterday) I was able to work on a few fun Thanksgiving treats to add to my items at a local consignment shop, as well as in my preparations for the upcoming craft bazaar I am going to be a part of.

I found this cute little turkey online somewhere and just knew I had to use him to make some treats! To make the topper, I used the Top Note die in Crumb Cake and then embossed it with the Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. The "Happy Thanksgiving" is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set and I stamped it in Chocolate Chip onto Daffodil Delight. The ribbon is More Mustard 1/4" Grosgrain ribbon (retired). I attached the top note with Sticky Strip to the baggie before tying the ribbon around the top. The turkey was attached with a Dimensional.


How to make the turkey...
  • Turkey Body - Owl punch with Chocolate Chip card stock (trim off the ears)
  • Feathers - 5 Petal Flower punch with More Mustard & Pumpkin Pie card stock
  • "Gobbler" - use the heart form the Owl punch (punch 1 in Daffodil Delight and 1 in Real Red - trim off the bottom of the one punched in Daffodil Delight and glue it onto the bottom of the Real Red heart and then turn upside and glue onto the face)
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Last week I attended a meeting at the home of my awesome upline Andrea Botten. She always has inspiring projects to share and one in particular caught my eye of something I could recreate. The cute little tag on the right was her creation and I just copied her design because I thought it was perfect! I added some Early Espresso sponging to the edges to give it more of a soft feel. I decided to come up with a little bit of a different twist with the tag on the left to have options. I used the BEAUTIFUL Spice Cake DSP from the Holiday Mini Catalog, Early Espresso card stock, and twine. The stamp set I used is Day of Gratitude. I tied the tag around a "tube" of Fall colored M & M's that are inside the 1" x 8" Cellophane Bags from the Holiday Mini.


As always, if you have any questions, please leave me a comment or send me an e-mail! I'm happy to help! Happy Stamping!!

1 comment :

Paper Potter said...

Heidi, as always, you are the BOMB girlfriend! I am having my Third Annual Card Frenzy Saturday and was wondering what kind of Power Pack to give the gals as they check in and here you have solved my dilemma! Hugs!

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14