Thursday, March 8, 2012

card making night - a little taste of Easter

I held another card making night at my mother-in-law's on Tuesday night. It was a smaller group, which meant a little more one on one time with the ladies and I know that many of them really appreciated that. Many of those who attend these card making nights do not have much stamping experience so I was glad to lend a hand in passing along some helpful hints. As much as I love and appreciate a large group, having a smaller group is great, too...just like my last card night.

Since Easter is just around the corner, I put together a couple of Easter cards for the ladies to create. I really wanted to use the watercolor pencils and blender pens and I was very thankful for a smaller group because I was able to do a mini-tutorial with some of them to show them how effective the blender pen can be, especially with creating shadows. It was an 00h-aah moment for many of them...so fun to see them excited! :) I have A LOT more to learn about water coloring, but I really do enjoy it!

I am soooooo glad I decided to order the Everybunny stamp set. I wasn't sure if I was going to like it, but I love this set! I can't wait to make more cards with it!


Stamp Set: Everybunny
Paper: Calypso Coral, Lucky Limeade, Pool Party, Very Vanilla, Everyday Enchantment DSP (SAB exclusive)
Ink: Black Stazon
Accessories: Rhinestone Accents, Stampin' Diemensionals, Watercolor Pencils, Blender Pen, 3/8" Calypso Coral Ruffled ribbon
Tools: N/A


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I have been a Stampin' Up! demonstrator for three years and this is the FIRST time I have used Basic Gray! I wanted to try and go outside of the box and use some different color combos and I really wanted to use the Twitterpated DSP for my second Easter card, so I went with Basic Gray for the card base. On the inside of the card I ended up putting a white layer so that you are able to see the writing. I don't have many Easter stamp sets, so I worked with the flower and paper to pull together something "Easter-y". I had other sentiments there to choose from if the ladies didn't want to do an Easter card.


Stamp Set: Delightful Dozen
Paper: Basic Gray, Blushing Bride, Cherry Cobbler, Baja Breeze, Whisper White, Twitterpated DSP
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Baja Breeze (sponging around the white where the sentiment is)
Accessories: Pearl Accents, Stampin' Diemensionals
Tools: Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots Textured Embossing Folder, Blossoms punch, 1" Circle punch, Boho Blossoms punch, Eyelet Border punch


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

For the last card I decided to double up on a card I had created for a workshop I held at a friend's house a couple of weeks ago. I was happy with the design and I figured these ladies would love the teacup idea, so I made up some more card kits. Plus, I just love the combo of Elegant Eggplant and Wisteria Wonder (thanks to my Color Coach!) This card was inspired by one of my own creations that I had once made for a color challenge, but as you will see I decided to go a little more simple with this one.


Stamp Set: Tiny Teacup (single stamp), various sentiments
Paper: Wisteria Wonder, Elegant Eggplant, Whisper White, Wisteria Wonder DSP (polka dots)
Ink: Elegant Eggplant, marker - Wisteria Wonder
Accessories: 1/4" Elegant Eggplant Grosgrain ribbon, Stampin' Diemensionals
Tools: 1-1/4" Circle punch, 1-3/8" Circle punch, Two-Step Owl punch (for the heart)


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

It's been a busy week so far, so I didn't include many of the links in this post that I normally do, but please feel free to leave a comment if you have a question or would like more information about a product. Hope you all have a blessed week and thanks for stopping by!

No comments :

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14