Sunday, March 25, 2012

the paper players - sketch challenge (new products sneak peek!)

This week at the Paper Players Ann has created a fun sketch for us! You are free to make it as clean and simple as you would like or make it as complex as you want it to be!


As is mostly my style, I decided to stick with clean and simple. And, although this sketch was a bit tough for me to come up with something I liked, I am pleased with how it all came together in the end. As you can tell, I went outside the box (literally) and chose to place the sentiment on the side of the card instead of using a punch to contain it as shown in the sketch above.

I just love all of the fun, happy colors in this card! Do you recognize the stamp set? What about the designer series paper? It's a sneak peek of an upcoming promotion beginning in April. The stamp set is called Bright Blossoms and the paper is called Summer Smooches. There are more fun sneak peeks coming up and will soon be available to purchase beginning April 1st!



Stamp Set: Bright Blossoms, Perfect Words
Paper:
Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango, Island Indigo, Lucky Limeade, Summer Smooches DSP
Ink: markers - Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo, Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight, Rich Razzleberry, Tempting Turquoise, Real Red
Accessories: Dimensionals, Island Indigo 3/8" Ruffled ribbon, 1/8" Daffodil Delight Taffeta ribbon, Rhinestone Accents

Tools: Scallop Trim Border punch

I hope you will come on by the Paper Players to check out the great inspiration from the design team and to join in the fun! This challenge will end on Friday, March 30 at noon (PST).

15 comments :

LeAnne said...

This is just the CUTEST! I love those little flowers and how you tied it all together with the little rhinestones! And I LOVE the sentiment....sweet as can be!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

so cute, thanks for the sneak peek

Lesley said...

Hi Heidi,
I'm back!! Love this sweet card with the new goodies, love the way you created the four squares! Such an awesome card!
Hugs,
Lesley

Lesley said...

Hi Heidi,
I'm back!! Love this sweet card with the new goodies, love the way you created the four squares! Such an awesome card!
Hugs,
Lesley

Patti said...

Love this card. The colors are terrific as well as how you interpreted the sketch.

Sue Noetzel said...

Love how you used the new set in this layout. It is a great way to use the smaller images.

Sue Noetzel
www.stampingvogue.blogspot.com

vicki said...

Love this card! You did a great job with the sketch!

Allison said...

Beautiful! Love how you made the feature panel into four! The colours, ribbon and rhinestones looks fab!

Nance Leedy said...

Oooo, {squeal}! I love the way you've stamped the sentiment. Seeing this cutie-patootie card makes me so happy I broke down and pre-orderd this set! Love how you've stamped the flowers and added the rhinestones. Adorable!!

jjcreations said...

Awesome card, Heidi. I played with this paper for this challenge too. I haven't used the stamp set yet, but I'm happy for this bit of inspiration that you've provided! Thanks.
I love the way you've place the flowers in the squares - and that sentiment is fun, fun, fun.

Unknown said...

This is just the cutest card!! Love it!! I will be featuring this card on My Crafty Picks #59 with a link back to your blog on 4-1-12. Make sure to stop by to check out all the picks and to pick up your blog badge to display on your blog for being featured!!

If you wish to decline please email me by responding to this comment to let me know.

Thanks and take care
Tiffany Bauer
http://www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com

Anne Marie Hile said...

Yet another reason to LOVE this stamp set, Heidi! This is soooo cute! Love the pops of sparkle and the multicolored sentiment...the layered ribbon...oh heck, I love it all! It's "Smooch-tacular!" Hope you are enjoying your week! Big hugs! :)

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely fabulous, Heidi! So cute and cheery! I love the stamping on the side! Awesome!

Lisa Elton said...

How fun! Love the cheerful colors and those sweet blooms!!

Ida Chan Stampin' Up! Demonstrator said...

Cute! I love it!

Ida Chan of 604 Cloth, Paper, Scissors

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14