Thursday, May 10, 2012

stamp club - April 2012

I had some fun projects to share with the ladies for our April Stamp Club (I'm a little behind in posting...what's new?). Because the Summer Smooches promotion was still going on during that time, I decided to play with the up and coming Bright Blossoms stamp set and Summer Smooches DSP, as well as the new Petite Purse die.

Our first card was a simple one, but I wanted to focus on showing how to use the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig (yep, that's what it's really called!). It is a stamp positioner that gives you the ability to place an image exactly where you want it. Perfect for perfectionists like me! (Can anyone relate?) Because the tulip flower is a separate stamp from the vase and stem/leaves, using the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig is a great way to get it perfectly placed without making it look like the tulip bud was floating. I even used the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig for the sentiment "thanks" to make sure it was nice and straight, too. I liked the idea of a square card, so this one is 4-1/4 x 4-1/4 and will still fit in an envelope like the other cards I make (4-1/4 x 5-1/2).
Stamp Set: Bright Blossoms (coming soon in the NEW 2012-2013 catalog), Fabulous Phrases
Paper: Whisper White, Real Red, Summer Smooches DSP
(coming soon in the NEW 2012-2013 catalog)
Ink: markers - Rich Razzleberry, Lucky Limeade, Real Red
Accessories: none
Tools: Scallop Dotted Ribbon Border punch, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
The second project we made also used products from the Summer Smooches promotion and each of the club members made this cute little Petite Purse (a new Big Shot die coming up in the soon to be released catalog!!) When its say petite, it really means petite. I read on a fellow demonstrator's blog that you can fit 9 Hershey's Kisses in the purse...in case you wanted to know just how small it was. Wouldn't this be cute to hold a small pair of earrings? I used a piece of Summer Smooches Designer Series Paper for the top flap to give it some extra color and design.

Stamp Set: Tiny Tags
Paper: Island Indigo, Tangerine Tango, Summer Smooches DSP
(coming soon in the NEW 2012-2013 catalog)
Ink: markers - Island Indigo, Real Red
Accessories: 1/4" Daffodil Delight Grosgrain ribbon, Everyday Enchantment brads (from 2012 SAB), Sticky Strip
Tools: Paper Piercing Tool, Jewelry Tag punch

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 
For our last project of the night, we made this twist-easel card. It really is a lot easier than it looks! The card is 4-1/4 x 8-1/2. Score in half and then score diagonally on one side. Fold the flap inward. You will need something to help prop the card open (note the flower). I wanted to use the Flight of the Butterfly stamp set since it will be retiring soon, along with the Butterfly punch! Gotta use those retiring products when I can! As a demonstrator it's harder to use the products for events when you're trying to stay current with the products.
Folded closed (fits in a normal envelope)... 
 
Halfway open...
 Open and tucked behind the flower to stay open and on display...
  

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 
 
This month's club hostess gifts...




* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 
 
Each stamp club meeting I give the gals a sketch for them to work on sometime before the next meeting. The sketches I give them come from Clean & Simple Stamping.

Last month's sketch...


This is the card I created for the sketch.
(and actually used for a card night this past week...more details to come)



I thought it was so fun how Kim used the kite as the circle image in the sketch. She's so clever!
Kim - Sending a Smile or Two


The next two cards are both from Janice. I like how she moved the sketch "circle" to the other side here in the first card.



Terri created this great Mother's Day card using the sneak peek Summer Smooches DSP.
Terri - territerbear


I like this simple birthday card made by Danna. Love this stamp set!

 Vicki (my mom) decided to flip the sketch. And she even used some of the products she got as last month's hostess!


Only two more stamp club meetings before we take a break for the busy summer months!

1 comment :

Kelli said...

I just love your cards...can't get enough! Makes me wish I was closer. I can't wait for the new catalog. I'm waiting for it before I place my next order :)

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14