Sunday, July 29, 2012

lego birthday card - paper players tic tac toe!

My nephew's 5th birthday party was yesterday and it was a Lego-themed party, so of course I set out to make up a Lego card to match! I have seen so many of these fun cards floating around all over the place, so I was excited to make one of my own. Although I tried to keep it fairly simple, I sponged the edges of each of the squares and circles and that was a wee bit tedious, but I like the affect it made. Unfortunately you can't see it very well in this picture, but the white background is embossed with circles using the Texturz Plate (click on the picture to view it larger).
To help me with some inspiration, I headed over to my girls to take a peek at what they had for the challenge this week and I was excited to see Lesley's Tic Tac Toe! I ended up going diagonal from top left to bottom right...circles, dry embossing, punches.

Stamp Set: A Fitting Occasion (new!)
Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Pacific Point, Tangerine Tango, Real Red, Glorious Green (retired)
Ink:
Daffodil Delight, Pacific Point, Tangerine Tango, Real Red, Glorious Green (retired)
Accessories: Dimensionals
Tools: Itty Bitty Circle punch, 1" Circle punch, 1" Square punch, Texturz plate, Big Shot


**Update! What a thrill to see that the lovely ladies at The Paper Players chose my Lego card as one of the Cut Above choices for the week!









And, I just have to leave you with a picture of my kiddos at the party. My sister-in-law did a great job with the decor and aren't these goody bags super cute?

8 comments :

jaydee said...

Heidi - this is AWESOME! I think you did a great job with the lego blocks. The sponging on the edges really does make them pop. Those bags your SIL did are great, too. I really loved the party hat in the bottom corner and the fact that the circles on the hat echo the circles on your blocks.
Fabulous job! So glad you joined the Paper Players again this week
Jaydee

Anonymous said...

Heidi,
Really liked your lego block card. I have been looking for something like this as my 12 yr. old grandson is so big into the Lego's. He wants that large air plane for Christmas. Have to keep this card in mind when his birthday comes around in April.

Kelly said...

Congratulations. Your project has been chosen for Blog finds of the Day on 8/1. If you would like to see other projects chosen please visit blogfindsoftheday.blogspot.com

Bobby said...

I could tell by the thumbnail on PP that this was a lego card. I love it. Too bad my lego collecting grandson is now 27 years old.

Romaine said...

Oh! Love your LEGO card! Fun!

Nance Leedy said...

Heidi this is FANTASTIC!! So clever and the shading on each circle makes the whole thing pop! Love the black card base too! I can't wait to make this for my nephew...great job, my friend! So glad you joined us at The Paper Players!

LeAnne said...

I just love these lego cards and how fun is the one you've done! So cute! So glad you were able to play with the Paper Players this week!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Heidi, your card is pretty cute but those kiddos of yours are ADORABLE! Look at those sweet faces! I love the clean layout fo tour card and those bold primary colors really pack a punch. So glad you were able to join us this week at the Paper Players! :)

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14