Tuesday, September 23, 2014

2014 Portland Unite & Excite

A couple of weeks ago, I attended the Portland Unite & Excite event. These events were held all over the United States during the first couple of weeks in September for demonstrators only. It is a new concept Stampin' Up! is trying with their demonstrators to help bring fellow local demonstrators together to Inspire. Create. Share. Not soon after I had registered for this event, I was contacted by the Portland event coordinator, Barb Brimhall, asking if I would be willing to speak at the event. I was super flattered to be chosen and after thinking it over and realizing that at some point I just need to conquer my fears, I was all in (with some nervousness attached to it, of course!) I knew ahead of time that I would only be speaking a mere 7 minutes and my topic was given to me, so his would be the perfect first opportunity to be able to speak in front of other demonstrators, sharing with enthusiasm about what I love to do!


My Mom & I
{One of my biggest fans...and newest recruit!}

My downlines and sidelines!
Vicki, Kate, Laura, Terri, and myself

A room full of eager demonstrators at the start of the event. (Hi Terri!)
We started out with a Bingo "get to know you" game where we walked around and mingled with other demonstrators trying to learn a little more about each other. We also had the opportunity to take pictures of display boards and swap cards with one another.

Whoever wanted to could bring swaps to trade and each swap was collected to put on the display boards. I didn't bring swaps with me (too much on my mind), but my mom did. I was so proud of her! Her card is the yellow one in the middle using the Bright & Beautiful stamp set.

Barb Brimhall & I at the end of the event. She's just the sweetest (and so funny!) She did a great job coordinating and being hostess for the evening. There were lots of free stamp set giveaways (I got a little something for speaking) and everyone received the Everyday Occasions Card Making Kit at the end of the evening. So fun!!

Just a small sampling of display or swap cards that caught my eye.

Looking forward to the next Unite & Excite!

No comments :

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14