Sunday, January 18, 2015

Creation Station Blog Hop - Best Day Ever!





The Creation Station is back! We took a little break for the holidays, but it's time to start inspiring again so we hope you will join us in the hop today as we share with you some new stamp sets coming from both the Occasions Catalog and Sale-A-Bration brochure.

For today's hop we were able to choose from the following (any or all):
1. One Tags Fit All (Occasions Catalog)
2. Best Day Ever (Sale-A-Bration)
3. Theme: Valentine's Day

I chose to showcase the new Sale-A-Bration stamp set called Best Day Ever. This is a set you can earn FREE with a $50 order. It's a pretty simple set, but it is full of some super fun images...I definitely love the style!


For the first two cards I paired this set with the Best Year Ever DSP also available as a freebie with a $50 order. It's such beautiful paper and many of the prints match perfectly with the stamp set. The colors are beautiful, too!


With this first card I added the "thanks" at the bottom as I felt the sentiment that says "you made my day" would be perfect finished with a thank you. I added some Crushed Curry washi tape (from the Beach House washi tape set). The button and ribbon are also part of Sale-A-Bration freebies. The buttons and ribbon come in coordinating colors to the paper...Crushed Curry, Coastal Cabana, and Calypso Coral. They're beautiful!


Stamp Sets
Best Day Ever, Another Thanks
Ink
Calypso Coral
Paper
Whisper White, Calypso Coral, Crushed Curry, Best Year Ever DSP (SAB)
Accessories
SNAIL Adhesive, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots, White Baker's Twine, Coastal Cabana Ribbon & Button (SAB), Beach House Washi Tape, Rhinestone Accents
 Tools
Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine, Circle Framelits, 2-1/2" Circle Punch

This next card is one of my favorites, but it did take some extra work with cutting out the flower-looking images. Oh well...the end product is worth it! The background is stamped with the bokeh background stamp.


This picture shows you the dimension of the flowers. It gives the card a fun effect!

Stamp Sets
Best Day Ever
Ink
Calypso Coral, Crushed Curry, Coastal Cabana, Versamark
Paper
Whisper White, Calypso Coral, Crushed Curry, Soft Suede, Best Year Ever DSP (SAB)
Accessories
SNAIL Adhesive, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots, Soft Suede Candy Dots
Tools
Dotted Scalloped Ribbon Border Punch, Paper Snips

My final project combines the Best Day Ever stamp set along with our Valentine's Day theme. I thought it would be cute to use one of our new tiny treat boxes from the Occasions Catalog. These are stinkin' adorable!! They are only a 2" square, but oh. my. word. The cuteness! I am going to see if I can talk my daughter into doing something with these for her class valentines this year! This sample is super simple, but with such a petite box, it can be simple...and that's OK! I added some paper from the Stacked with Love Paper Stack to each square panel (measuring 1-14/16")


Here is a more up close view of the front. I added a couple extra mini red glimmer hearts and some red candy dots just to dress it up a bit.

Stamp Sets
Best Day Ever
Ink
Real Red
Paper
Whisper White, Real Red, Stacked with Love Paper Stack, Red Glimmer Paper
Accessories
SNAIL Adhesive, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Real Red Candy Dots, Tiny Treat Boxes
Tools
Two-Step Owl Punch (used for mini hearts), Paper Snips, Banner Punch, 1-3/4" Circle Punch

Thank you so much for coming by for a visit today! Continue on the hop to visit the talented Jennifer Frost or hop backwards to see what Sara Levin is inspiring us with today. Click on the buttons below to take you where you want to go!



2 comments :

kkstamper said...

I love these cards and the Valentine's box! I'm so going to CASE your first card for at least one of my upcoming workshops. So pretty!

barb mann said...

Heidi - I'm with kkstamper! Hope you don't mind if I case your adorable projects too. I may just have for samples or possibly make one for my upcoming M&T on Friday. Thanks for your great ideas. I love seeing them all... Barb

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14