Friday, May 15, 2015

Friday Favorites - For the Birds

Today is Friday Favorites at the Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration blog where we are showcasing retiring products for each Friday in May. I have a lot of favorites that we will soon be saying goodbye to, but I will especially miss the cute For the Birds stamp set. I love these darling little images that you can color in using our Blender Pens and Stampin' Write Markers.


I created this card design for a recent card making night. The layout was simple enough that the ladies could focus on the coloring. I heard many of them say, "I haven't colored like this since I was little." It was cute to watch them transform a black and white image into a colorful masterpiece. As you can see in the three samples below I had a variety of flower DSP for them to choose from and they could use the markers that matched the paper color. 




Are you wondering how I was able to use the image without the attached sentiment? 

Step 1: Place a strip of masking tape over the sentiment. 

Step 2: Ink up the stamp and then remove the masking tape (that's important!)

Step 3: Stamp image. Easy peasy!

Stamp Sets
For the Birds, And Many More (sentiments)
Ink
Black Stazon, markers - to coordinate with paper
Paper
Whisper White, Blushing Bride, Strawberry Slush, Lost Lagoon, Flowerpot DSP, All Abloom DSP Stack
Accessories
SNAIL Adhesive, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Paper Doilies, Candy Dots (misc. colors)
 Tools
Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine, Circle Framelits, Bitty Banner Framelits


No comments :

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14