Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Control Freaks Tour - 2015 Holiday Catalog Sneak Peek

Yippee!! Are you ready for another Control Freaks tour?! This time around we are sharing with you some of the awesome new goodies from the upcoming 2015 Holiday Catalog. This catalog is not going to disappoint you! There are so many products that meet so many different styles! As a Stampin' Up! demonstrator I was able to pre-order some of these new products and I am so excited to share with you two projects I created for the next upcoming holiday ~ Halloween!

If you have already been following along on the hop, you should have just come from the fabulous Patty Bennett's blog. If so, you're in the right spot!

First up is a Halloween card I created using the Howl-o-ween Treat stamp set. Isn't that owl adorable?! This set even comes with its own coordinating Framelits (which I don't have quite yet, so I used my handy Paper Snips to cut this little guy out). Another sneak peek is the fabulous Happy Haunting Designer Washi Tape I used this set of three washi tape to create the strips across the front of the card. And...do you see that Black Glimmer Paper behind the owl? I am in love! I am so happy to see black glimmer in this coming catalog! The "Happy Halloween" sentiment actually comes from the And Many More stamp set. I cut it out using the Bitty Banner Framelits. I thought it would be cute to have the owl look like it was holding the banner. I attached it using Dimensionals on both sides.


Up next ~ this is a cute little bag I created using an idea I learned about while at Convention last month. One of the main stage demonstrators showed us how to make a gusseted bag using our Tag a Bag Gift Bags. These are fun to create if you want a bag that has a little bit more space to fit some things inside. (Please note: The chevron print bags I used are no longer available. However, Stampin' Up! now carries the plain Kraft Bags that can be fully colorable, stampable, and customizable. I just didn't have any of those yet, so I improvised!)

I am not sure if you can tell, but the handle is actually made using washi tape! How cool is this?! This is another idea I learned while at Convention. To create the handle simply lay washi tape sticky to sticky. Voila! I attached the handles using a stapler and then covered it up with a strip of the new Happy Haunting Designer Series Paper. I also added a smaller strip of Black Glimmer Paper. And...the star of the show is the new fun Spider Web Doilies you see on the front of bag. The "trick or treat" image is also from the Howl-o-ween Treat stamp set. I used the Circle Framelits to cut it out and attached to the front. The little spider is also from the same stamp set. I punched it out with a 3/4" Circle Punch and attached it to a Clothespin. I also added a little bit of the Sliver Thread peeking behind the spider. This little bag reminds me of my kids' trick or treat bags.


Want to learn how to transform these bags?

On the bottom of the bag trim off 1-1/4".
(I also trimmed off the top of the bag to make the edge straight across, as well.)

Fold up from bottom about 3/4".

Fold the two sides out into a point.

And then fold both top and bottom to meet in the middle and tape closed.

This creates a larger size bottom of the bag.

http://stampercamper.com/
Such cute things to make using these Halloween goodies! Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you felt a little bit of inspiration. Next up is the one and only Stamper Camper, Mary Brown. Keep hopping along to see what she has to share with us...as well as the rest of the Control Freak crew!

5 comments :

carpediem said...

that is the cutest project!!

Patty Bennett said...

Great Projects.. totally loving the cute clothespin embellishment too!!! :)

Cynthia Ferenz said...

Very cute! This bundle is on my first order. TFS!

Sonia said...

Such a cute treat bag- who would not love to get this?

Connie Babbert said...

Both projects are super cute! Love the altered bag and the cute clothespin accessory!

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14